How to Build a Business That Performs Better, Makes More and Runs Like Clockwork
- A 7 or 8-figure business owner who feels trapped “running” your business?
- Overwhelmed by daily emails, Slack messages, clients, team problems and organisational complexity?
- Very aware that the team could be performing that much better but aren’t sure how to get them there?
These are common problems that business owners face once they’ve built a successful business. I call it the Business Owner Trap.
As someone who has started, run and scaled businesses, I understand the pain — what you want is clear, but the path there, less so.
All the things that you did to achieve your current business success have become barriers to its future success.
You don’t want help acquiring more leads, or sales, or with your marketing — you already know how to do that.
What you actually want, is for your business to run like a well-oiled machine.
Where you can show up, do what you enjoy, focus on what really matters, and the rest of the business just takes care of itself.
That’s exactly what I offer with my consulting and advisory services.
Over the course of working together…
- We’ll set up systems that free you from the day-to-day in your business so that you get to work on the things that really matter and deliver immense value for the business.
- You’ll go from being overwhelmed, overworked, stressed and exhausted to well-rested, relaxed and surprisingly free. This creates the space that you need to lead the business and exercise your zone of genius.
- The business will go from having no systems and documented processes… to having everything streamlined, automated and documented for smooth daily operations.
- Your business will become ready to scale, so that you don’t fall into trap of acquiring customers, losing old customers then needing to acquire new ones.
I work with clients in a few different ways:
1. Consulting Projects
This is the standard way that I work with clients. We’ll work out what your specific objectives, metrics and value requirements are and design a custom project to achieve them.
It could be hiring a General Manager, re-engineering core business processes, or something else entirely.
2. Fractional COO Services
Sometimes you need a little more hands-on, ongoing help with the systems in your business.
This is where I’ll step in as your Fractional COO and work alongside your team, focusing on the systems and internal operations side and transform the business for efficiency and performance.
3. Advisory Services
For existing and past clients only, I offer unlimited access advisory services.
This gives you access to my private number and you can ask me questions (personal or business) at any time.
This also includes priority support and “Aaron, can you help me host this team/client/board meeting” privileges.
4. Executive Coaching
I’ll help coach you through the operational challenges and opportunities in your business, and direct your team on how to implement solutions.
For 6-figure business owners I offer this as part of my True Business Owner programme.
5. Business Therapy
If you need help with a specific, brief business problem, then a 1-hour Business Therapy session is for you!
Here’s Some of What I Can Help With
- Systems, Apps, Automation and Implementation. I’ll help you find the right systems and tools for your business and set them up to play nicely together. I’ll create efficient, streamlined and trainable business processes and SOPs (standard operating procedures) and combine them into your very own operations manual.
- Client Management. Most businesses have no defined processes for when a client comes onboard — we create this folder here, let John in accounting know and then… bill them sometime soon? Effective client management means automating 50%+ of those processes and systemising the rest so that they happen like clockwork, meaning you can bring clients onboard quickly, deliver for them and then happily offboard them with testimonials and repeat business.
- Hiring, Recruitment and Team Management. Having a plan is only 50% of implementation in business. Having the right people to execute it is the other half. I can help you identify who you need to hire, set up a battle-tested recruitment process, recommend options for sourcing candidates and then help you run interviews all the way through to your chosen candidate’s first day. Then I’ll show you how to keep them happy and productive.
- Business Execution. Not all companies are efficient. I’ll help you set up a real-time meeting rhythm, strategic thinking and execution planning process so that your team is in sync every single day. This means that work gets done, projects are delivered and profits continuously rise.
- Strategy and Productivity. I’m all about creating better systems and part of that is strategy. I want to help you turn your business into an amazing money-making machine which means more profit, less stress and enabling you to make even more of an impact on the world. I’ll act as your trusted brainstorming partner who you can talk shop with and bounce ideas off. And when you have a brilliant idea — will help you map out a plan to get it implemented in the business.
- Systems Intensives. I am a productivity nerd at heart and that means I really enjoy using the best technology available to help business owners achieve their goals. For this reason I offer specific Systems Intensives for setting up or streamlining Asana, Notion and Slack.
Client ❤️ and Results
“Regardless of how experienced or successful you are, it is essential to gain an outside perspective from an expert who can see your blind spots. Aaron gives ‘straight to the point’ advice to focus on the key areas that will help move your business forward and through challenges. Highly recommended.”
Dan RemonCEO of FitCorp Asia (corporate wellness)
“For those of you who are wanting some advice for your business to take it forward, Aaron is definitely the person to go to. He is very knowledgeable in a lot of areas including systems and processes and he gave me many amazing ideas that are readily implementable. I’ve been able to take action straight away which I’m very excited about. Aaron is very well-prepared. He’s thorough, but to the point and is really amazing at both blue-sky strategy as well as detailed implementation. I’ve worked with other consultants in the past but this was by far the most useful and practical.”
Jenny ShenFounder & Director of ChiFunese (language programmes)
“The entire business has changed now we are fully onboard with Asana!”
Matt CooperHead of Marketing, Conscious Education
“Was impressed with the 5 hour call and huge plan you created that was super tailored to us. And it was helpful that you did a followup on explaining the steps to go through. Your answers were always helpful and am learning how to be better leader through you.”
DGCEO, wellness education company
“I had a great call with Aaron where I laid out my ideas and concerns about this year. He helped me break each problem down and found the best way to approach it all the best way. I ended up a whole lot clearer and less worries then I was before and I have very structured plan of action for this year. Couldn’t be happier.”
Michel GenetayOwner, MikaNutra
“I run an online advertising company and we are constantly revamping our processes and exploring new tools etc. Aaron was extremely helpful and is one of the best people we’ve come across for process automation and overall efficiency. I can’t recommend him enough.”
Rob BarbieroOnline Advertiser
“Aaron went beyond the call of duty, coming to the call well prepared and sending me a mindmap summary at the end! Aaron helped me think through my situation from a different angle, and that was helpful.”
Giovanni DienstmannFounder, Live and Dare
“Aaron made the transition to Asana easy and simple. I love that he was always willing to jump on a call last minute to answer any questions we had. Aaron was easy to deal with and had prompt responses. When speaking through the company goals and how we use Asana most efficiently for our business outcomes, Aaron was able to provide clear understanding and next action steps in making this happen.”
Jessi McardleGeneral Manager, Conscious Education
Why Work With Me?
Systems and operations is my thing.
I completed my formal education at UNSW, which is the top business school in Australia. I specialised in business information systems.
I’ve re-engineered processes and done systems analysis and design for corporate telecommunications, finance and manufacturing companies.
I’ve taught business systems and productivity to entrepreneurs and professionals for the past 15 years.
I’ve helped numerous 7 and 8-figure clients (and one 9-figure client!) optimise their business and team for performance, so that their operations run like clockwork and they can focus on their zone of genius — be that working with VIP clients or innovating thought leadership in their industry.
I’ve also been a business owner and COO and understand the pains of having a growing and successful business. Whether it’s managing digital marketing campaigns, trying to get 30+ staff on the same page or lying in bed at night wondering what the point of it all is, I’ve been there.
I’ve done 6-figure days, scaled businesses to the 7-figures and managed email lists with over 30,000 subscribers. I have the technical expertise to streamline everything from back office systems to aggressive recruitment to automated marketing campaigns.
But most importantly, I’ve realised that business is the magic combination of vision and systems. And that I really, really enjoy the systems part.
To be frank, most people find systems, processes and operations boring. They see them as rigid, bland and a grind. But luckily for you, I LOVE systems, processes and operations.
In fact, I’ve had business owners ask me why I don’t just start my own world-changing business in an area I’m passionate about. And that’s because my passion is systems. I’m passionate about the process, execution and making things happen — in fact, I would enjoy this no matter what industry or business I worked in.
How to Get Started
Tell me about yourself and your business using this form right here.
We’ll have an informal 60-minute chat about your top priorities and how I can help.
Are You Ready to Take Your Business to the Next Level?
Or do you want to spend the next 5, 10, 15 years stuck in the Business Owner Trap of working hard and doing everything yourself in your business only to see your competitors pull ahead and your income plateau?
“I did a one hour call with Aaron regarding some personal and business productivity issues. Aaron identify my problems and gave me actionable tasks. I like it how he shared many of his personal experience, which I find he understood what I’m struggling with. We created a game plan for me to apply in my life. I can’t wait to see the result from it. Aaron has a decade of experience in this field. I highly recommend Aaron if you want to see positive changes in your life.”
Vy MaiCOO, privately-held e-commerce group
“It is amazing what can be achieved in such a short period of time. Aaron gave me lots of actionable advice and clearly has a wealth of information at his disposal. There were no issues that he could not address and propose clear and concise solutions for. Highly recommended.”
Jaki Fitzka LairdFounder, Polamai
“Aaron really tried to understand the whole picture of the online business by asking background questions before giving advice. This is key because he helped brainstorm ideas on which direction to focus the business, in relation to my goals for it. It was nice to have an outside opinion and speaking with him was a good decision. Thanks.”
Nate WellingFounder, baht.com
“There is one specific aspect of working with you that has stood out to me. I really appreciated having a sounding board and being able to run important decisions by someone with strategic perspective before just abruptly making large decisions on my own. It was great as it helped me have a bit of a buffer between myself and the decisions that I make, and that really helped me to be more intentional with what I did and how I did it.”